"Train hard, race easy" - Shalane Flanagan
2:55, that is two hours and fifty five minutes!My goal time for the 2014 Marine Corps Marathon on Sunday October 26, 2014. Yes, I know this is a bold prediction and I am looking for a new personal best at the marathon distance (My current personal best or PB, is 2:58:26). So far I'm feeling strong, training hard, hitting all my splits, and recovering well.
The next few weeks will be most challenging. I start a new job next week, and then the holidays to follow. I need to make sure I run the miles, eat well and just enjoy the journey. With that said I am creating a solid base to my training now, which will allow me to be strong when race day comes around.
I would like a moment to mention a few special people who always inspire those to be the best they can be.
- First off, I need to say this person is the one who planted the seeds to what you know today as #shlomotrained. I need to say thank you B.A. for always giving it your best when it comes to training, and great mastermind ideas in and out of the gym.
- Next is a co-worker, great friend, and founder of "The Fitness Games" app. http://www.tfgapp.com/ Your ideas and motivation are awesome! I highly recommend this to those serious about fitness.
If you have an idea, product, or topic you would like to talk about in this blog, feel free to let me know.
I would also like to take a moment and say, thank you for joining me in this journey, that is health, fitness, and longevity.
Good luck to those running in upcoming races this autumn:
- Craig S. - Navy-Air Force Half Marathon and 5 miler http://navyairforcehalfmarathon.com/
- Sarah B. - Rock N' Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/philadelphia
- Melisa W. - TowneBank Outer Banks Marathon & Southern Fried Half Marathon http://www.obxmarathon.org/
Know somebody running in an upcoming race? let me know in the comment section below
Exercise movement of the week
The plank (prone iso-abs)
Challenge yourself, turn up the music and see how long you can "plank" for.
There is only one way to do it, #shlomotrained Peace!