Sunday, October 12, 2014

"The few the proud"

"Victorious warriors win first in their minds, and then go to war. Defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." - Sun Tzu

What can I say. Welcome back to another addition of #shlomotrained. I took a week off, and I am happy to be back to give you my best most authentic self, and hopefully some motivation to help you lead a healthy, happy, fun fit and active life.


With only 14 days to go to the Marine Corp Marathon I have to say that the DC area is already starting to feel the buzz in the air. I was out biking today (besides my early 10 miles), and all I hear people asking one another, "So are you running the MCM in two weeks?"

With my taper in full swing I decided to get myself back on the bike so I don't totally defeat myself before race weekend comes around.


(Here I am at the mid way point of my 20 mile ride, and major sun glare)


You may be asking why is that? (Don't you want to be running)
Yes and No.
During the taper period (Taper- a period of time before a race where you decrease your training so your body will be fresh and ready to go on race day), I like to keep my legs fresh with less running and yet still feel ready to go for race day, and the bike allows me to do that. I still get in my aerobic work without all the pounding that running has to offer.

I plan to get on the bike at least 5 times per week, followed by a short yet fast run of anywhere between 3 and 7 miles.
(Some more pics from today)


Now on to bigger and better things:

Veterans Day is right around the corner, let me know if you are planning on joining me on the 10k run; register here, http://www.runpacers.com/race/veterans-day-10k-tidal-basin-walk/ 

A special shout out to all of you who ran in the Army Ten Miler today and the Staten Island Half Marathon! (there were so many of you!!)

Exercise of the week:
THE MILE

Good luck and post your best times below!
#shlomotrained


No comments:

Post a Comment